VFT is a global leader in fiber reactor separation technology. Come join a passionate team of scientists and engineers who are bringing our technology to market. We are looking for a talented Automation Controls Engineer to support the R&D and Production staff as we scale up new product and process designs from the inception phase, through research and optimization, and into client startup and support.
Here's what we're looking for:
• Sharp, curious and driven self-starters seeking an opportunity to shine in an environment that provides a unique opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
• Collaborative individuals that aren’t afraid to think outside the box and challenge assumptions, while recognizing that teams are always stronger than an individual.
Here's what you'll be doing:
• Develop electrical design, schematics and drawings in AutoCAD
• Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements (e.g. SolidWorks)
• Research supplier products for assembly components
• Help establish new and maintain existing standards
• Develop power requirements for customer specific projects
• Develop electrical bill of materials
• Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per application specifications
• Check quality of assemblers/technicians work and assist during assembly
• Design and develop software applications based on specifications or new concepts
• Understand client requirements for HMI/communication interface, networking and create specifications based on these requirements
• Review, modify and redesign legacy code (in-house and in the field)
• Troubleshoot issues with existing company installed systems
• Write user manuals to communicate functionality of company developed programs
• Technical writing including Software Documentation (e.g. Test Plan, Operating Manual with Troubleshooting Guide, Spare Parts List with Vendor Parts)
• Requirement Reviews – Participate in reviews and work with Engineering to ensure proper implementation of features
• Live the company culture of integrity, teamwork, self-discipline and professional competence
• Able/willing to travel and work at customer sites including international travel
Education and/or Experience:
• BA/BS degree in engineering or related discipline (BSEE degree preferred)
• 6+ years of experience in the automation industry
• Proficient in Design/Drafting Tools AutoCAD and SolidWorks
• Programming Logic Controllers (PLC) (e.g. Allen-Bradley, Omron, Siemens)
• Configuring and designing HMI systems (e.g. Allen Bradley. PC)
• Familiar with Industry Standards UL and CE
• Familiar with various Motion Controllers/Actuators
• Experience and skill in troubleshooting control system issues
• Familiarity with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA)
• Familiarity with PID control loops, machine learning and multivariate control loops
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of lab and safety procedures and protocols
• Experience with chemical processing
• Ability to understand and work within a technical environment
• Ability to prioritize projects
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, results driven and collaborative
• Demonstrate leadership ability and initiative
• Effectively present complex information to both internal and external group
If this sounds like music to your ears, send your resume to email@example.com. We have immediate openings, so expect to hear from us.
VVFT offers competitive pay, company stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, matching 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, paid holidays, and the opportunity to work with a top flight team who are putting their dreams into action.
Visionary Fiber Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.