VFT is a global leader in fiber reactor separation technology. Come join a passionate team of scientists and engineers who are bringing our technology to market. We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer to support the R&D and Production staff as we scale up new product and process designs from the inception phase, through research and optimization, and into client startup and support.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
• Sharp, curious and driven self-starters seeking an opportunity to shine in an environment that provides a unique opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
• Collaborative individuals that aren’t afraid to think outside the box and challenge assumptions, while recognizing that teams are always stronger than an individual.
Here’s what you'll be doing:
• Assisting with development of preliminary calculations and equipment designs in order to develop proposals as needed.
• Working with Engineering, Technology/Scientific and Operations staff to resolve design problems or issues that arise from internal or client designs.
• Performing design calculations, equipment and piping layout on assigned projects, coordinating the design work of others as needed to accomplish the project objectives. Work with outside engineering contractors as needed on projects that exceed internal capabilities.
• Providing design durations to Managers to assist in developing project schedules for assigned projects. Provide updates on task status as required to determine progress.
• Maintaining solid understanding and working knowledge of industry codes, specifications and standards.
• Preparing scopes, specifications, data sheets, QC requirements and vendor document needs as needed to support fabrication of equipment internally and by third party sub-contractors.
• Reviewing designs and layouts of equipment and piping provided by others within the group for accuracy.
• Maintaining document control of design documents.
• Assisting with the development of project schedules, budgets, quality requirements, and cost forecasts for projects as assigned.
• Working toward timely completion of VFT initiatives
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 2+ years of Engineering experience in manufacturing/industrial environment
• Proficiency with CAD or Solid Works
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
• Sound knowledge of engineering first principles
• Working knowledge of fixture design including basic machining considerations and developing test methods
• Knowledge of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
• Familiarity with basic electrical circuits and electronic assembly
• Familiarity with process control and statistics
• Familiarity with various manufacturing methods
• Familiarity with various engineering materials
• Self-motivated and results driven attitude
• Focus on internal and external customer’s focus
• Ability to effectively present complex information to both internal and external group
If this sounds like music to your ears, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have immediate openings, so expect to hear from us.
VFT offers competitive pay, company stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, matching 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, paid holidays, and the opportunity to work with a top flight team who are putting their dreams into action.
Visionary Fiber Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.