VFT is a global leader in fiber reactor separation technology. Come join a passionate team of scientists and engineers who bring our technology to market. We are looking for a talented Research Chemical Engineer to support the R&D and Applications staff as we scale up new product and process designs from the inception phase, through research and optimization, and into client startup and support.
Here's what you'll be doing:
• Developing formulas, processes, and methods for solving complex mass transfer problems using CFD, process simulation, and other mathematical software
• Leading the design and operation of scale-up experiments including Design of Experiments, selection and commissioning of process setups, statistical analysis of results, and effective documentation and presentation of learnings to the business
• Troubleshooting equipment / process issues and work with researcher scientists to execute experiments
• Working closely with scientific staff, commercial and marketing representatives, and manufacturing teams to drive a wide range of innovations to market
• Identifying gaps in existing technology and operations to create new opportunities for strategically broadening the portfolio and improving products
• Contributing to intellectual property generation, including the writing and filing of patents
• Continuously improving all chemical processes and products
Education and/or Experience:
• MS or PhD in Chemical Engineering
• 2+ years relevant experience in a research and development environment
• Experience with separation technologies such as membranes or liquid/liquid extractions desired
• Scale-up experience for chemical processes from bench to pilot to field desire
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of lab and safety procedures and protocols
• Experience with chemical processing
• Ability to understand and work within a technical environment
• Ability to prioritize projects
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, results driven and collaborative
• Demonstrate leadership ability and initiative
• Effectively present complex information to both internal and external group
If this sounds like music to your ears, send your resume to email@example.com. We have immediate openings, so expect to hear from us.
VFT offers competitive pay, company stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, matching 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, paid holidays, and the opportunity to work with a top flight team who are putting their dreams into action.
Visionary Fiber Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.