The Chemical Engineer is responsible for creating, supporting and developing new and innovative product/process designs related to chemical processing and improving existing products/processes. These efforts will have a direct impact on reducing labor and material costs, while improving value, reliability and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (May include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
• Develops formulas, processes, and methods for solution of technical problems
• Analyzes organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties
• Induces changes in composition of substances by introduction of heat, light, energy, and chemical catalysts
• Conducts research on manufactured products to develop and improve products
• Conducts research into composition, structure, properties, relationships, and reactions of matter
• Assist in transitioning bench chemistry findings to pilot operations
• Coordinate trials and evaluations of new products to ensure runability, quality and performance
• Prepares standards and specifications for processes, products, and tests
• Provides technical service to all departments to resolve quality related problems
• Assists engineers and scientists in monitoring the quality and runability of samples
• Aids in developing and continuously improving all chemical processes
• Duties will include problem solving and quality improvement, new product introduction, product and process specifications and administration as needed
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or closely related field.
• 2+ years relevant experience in a chemical processing/industrial environment desired.
• Experience with separation technology preferred, but not required.
• Scale-up experience for chemical processes from bench to pilot to field desired.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of lab and safety procedures and protocols
• Experience with chemical processing
• Ability to understand and work within a technical environment
• Solid Project Management Skills. Requires analytical ability and experience to problem solve complex issues
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, results driven and collaborative
• Demonstrate leadership ability and initiative
• Effectively present complex information to both internal and external groups
If this sounds like music to your ears, send your resume to email@example.com. We have immediate openings, so expect to hear from us.
VFT offers competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, matching 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, paid holidays, and the opportunity to work with a top flight team who are putting their dreams into action.
Visionary Fiber Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.